I’m so excited to share photos of my completed kitchen! I took these photos on a beautiful sunny day in Pittsburgh. You can see, when it is nice out, my kitchen gets a lot of light. Even though it’s small, that makes it feel airy. All the updates I made also help! Below is a list of 15 things I did to update the form and function of my kitchen. It was functioning when I moved in, but it was no beauty queen! I love, love, love how it turned out! You can see some before and afters, but I really focused on the pretty after shots.
15 Ways to Update Your Small Kitchen
1. Paint your Cabinets in Contrasting Colors
2. Raise your Upper Cabinets & Add a Shelf
3. Change the Cabinet Layout
4. Add Hardware
5. New Counters!
6. Create a Breakfast Bar
7. Get a Giant Sink
8. Replace the Front Panel of your Dishwasher with Stainless Steel (See No. 3 for a side-by-side)
9. Add Pull-out Shelves and Drawers Inside your Base Cabinets. This is how I store our dog food – a small garbage can with a spring lid on a pull out shelf.
10. Add Silicone Stoppers to Cabinet Door Corners for a Soft Close
11. Updated Stove & Microwave
12. Get an “Apartment Style” Refrigerator (it’s tall and skinny)
13. Replace Dropped Ceiling
14. Add Stylish Statement Pendant Lights
15. Subway Tile Backsplash with Contrasting Grout
Does your kitchen want to be like mine when it grows up? Here is some of the stuff I used:
Paint: Sherwin Williams Snowbound for top Cabinets, Kendall Charcoal for base Cabinets. Walls are Evening Shadow (same color used in my bathroom)
White Ikea Knobs
Chrome Bin Pulls
Ikea Shelf and Brackets
Most Accessories from TJ Maxx, Home Goods or Marshalls