You may not think that stylish dog-themed decor exists, but it does! I recently moved into a new apartment and had the chance to showcase some of the chic dog and fashion related items I already had, plus add a couple new things to my collection. No matter if you have a Miniature Poodle, a Chocolate Lab, or an Italian Mastiff, here are five ways you can show your love of style and fashion along with your everlasting love for your dog!
1. These key hooks have to be one of the cutest things I have every purchased! They are at Ikea, available in a couple different colors and ridiculously affordable. I have them hung on the side of a cabinet next to our front door.
2. I amassed a mini-collection of fashion related dog books earlier this year when I was brainstorming starting this blog. Among my favorites are Dogs in Vogue and Women & Dogs. Both are full of great pictures of models and celebrities with dogs from over the last century. I need to flip through them again for new photo composition ideas!
3. Get some cool dog artwork.
4. I created this custom crate cover myself last year when Lucy graduated from the puppy sized crate to her big girl one. I had the striped fabric left over from a long time ago, but bought the Ikat just for this project. It is outdoor fabric which means it can handle dog hair, drool and the washing machine! It was a fairly simple project since it was all straight lines. Browse some fabrics that would also be great for this!
5. Don’t just dump your leashes in a pile on the floor. I found these 3M hooks at Target that match the doggy key holders from Target. They are hung on opposite sides of our front door, so it gives it a nice put-together look. The collars and leashes show here are from MimiGreen.
I’m looking forward to doing more list-style posts like this. Thanks to Independent Fashion Bloggers and their Project #100 for the inspiration!