I get questions from people all the time on Instagram (and in real life) asking me what it’s like to be an influencer. Although it feels strange to describe myself with that term, the fact is that I’m influencing people with my online presence. I hope I’m influencing them to be happy, dog loving people! But I’m also suggesting places to go and products to buy that I believe in. By doing that through sponsored posts and affiliate links, I’m able to make an income with my influence. Want to hear what it’s really like to be a dog influencer? I’m pulling back the curtain in this episode!
Topics Discussed in this episode:
- How I got started as a dog influencer
- Why your follower number isn’t the most important thing for sponsored posts
- How to get sponsored campaigns
- How to decide what products to endorse
- Things most people don’t realize
- What I’ve learned that I wish I knew at the start
Resources Shared in this episode:
- Phlanx.com – Instagram Engagement Calculator
- Barefoot Wines
- Wear Wag Repeat Inspo
- Social Native
- Headbands of Hope
CHECK OUT THE SHOP!
SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW
If you love what you hear and want to support my efforts to shine a light on more creative dog moms, please leave a review for my show on iTunes*. For every review, I give Lucy an extra special treat… how could you deny her?! *If you’re on a computer, open the link then click View in iTunes to write a review.
You can also see all the episodes on the Podcast page of my site.
*This post may contain affiliate links.