In this episode, I’m talking to Kristin Morrison of Six-Figure Pet Sitting Academy, a pet sitting and dog walking business expert who grew her own business over the course of 18 years. We talk about how to hire the first few employees in your pet industry business, and how important your gut intuition is in those decisions.
With the right employees, you can achieve that work life balance that you got into this business for in the first place! Today’s guest fine-tuned her staff to the point where she was able to take 6 months off to live in Bali! Get your vision boards ready and lets dive into this episode!
Managing Employees in a 6-Figure Pet Business
Kristin Morrison started her pet sitting and dog walking company in 1995 and it grew to become one of the largest pet care companies in California before she sold it eighteen years later. Now, Kristin provides business coaching for thousands of pet sitters, dog walkers, trainers, and groomers.
She’s the founder of Six-Figure Pet Sitting Academy™ and Six-Figure Pet Business Academy™ where she provides coaching, webinars and business products for pet business owners. Kristin is also the creator of the annual Prosperous Pet Business Online Conference and she hosts the Prosperous Pet Business podcast.
In addition to all that, Kristin is the author of five books and she’s currently working on her sixth all geared towards pet business owners.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- How to incorporate fun into your work
- Defining the employee hiring process that works best for your business
- Using an application packet to filter out potential employees
- Getting prepared to make your first hire
- How to make your service-based business a success before bringing in help
- The Hiring Handbook for Pet Sitters and Dog Walkers
- Audiobook – Six-Figure Pet Sitting
- Audiobook – 30 Days to Start and Grow Your Pet Sitting and Dog Walking Business
Find Kristin Morrison:
- On Instagram
- Prosperous Pet Business Podcast
CHECK OUT THE SHOP!
SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW
If you love what you hear and want to support my efforts to shine a light on more creative dog moms, please leave a review for my show on iTunes*. For every review, I give Lucy an extra special treat… how could you deny her?! *If you’re on a computer, open the link then click View in iTunes to write a review.
You can also see all the episodes on the Podcast page of my site.
*This post may contain affiliate links.