I shared the full Pom Pom Sandal and Matching Collar DIY on my blog earlier this month. You can also watch the full video tutorial. It’s great project to tackle this week. There are so many Summer sandals on clearance as Fall merchandise arrives, so you should be able to find a cheap pair to customize. The matching dog collar could be done on any color collar to match the sandals you find. Although dog collars are not really seasonal, I’m sure you can find affordable options at Target or a local pet store.
Below is my inspiration photo for the sandals. I think I did a great job of replicating them! These sandals sell on Etsy for over $100, so completing mine and a matching dog collar for less than $25 is a steal!
I love this photo of all my supplies set out on the counter! It helps to lay out all the odds and ends you gather for this DIY so you can see what color dominates (for me it’s pink) and split the colors evenly amongst the 2 sandals and the collar. Below is a close up of the extra holes I drilled into the collar, even spaced all the way around. I used a power drill, because I love my drill, but also because I don’t own an awl or leather hole punch which are really the right tools for this. You gotta use what you got!
You should probably get on this trend because it’s catching the eye of fashionistas all over the world! My post is featured in Independent Fashion Bloggers Links a la Mode this week! Check out all the other bloggers who were selected, there are some amazing posts from girls all over the place. I’m so excited to be in their company!
Links à la Mode, August 11th
- Arisgold: Slits | Your Hemline was Meant to be Broken
- Attire Club: The Best Parade of Nations Outfits from the Olympic Games
- Cat Eyes & Skinny Jeans: July 2016 Empties
- Dressing with Class and Style: Amorino
- Ethel Da Costa: Go Denim with Varion Marwah
- Fancier’s World: 1 Year Blog Anniversary & Giveaway | Up Close and Personal
- Fashion Panache: #IWearHandloom | Powered by Bhushavali Eco Fashion
- Happy.Pretty.Sweet.: I Try
- Have Clothes, Will Travel: Wearing a Kimono
- High Heeled Vogueaholic: White Out | 4 Ways to Style White Jeans for Summer
- Lil Miss JB Style: Risque
- Love.Laugh.Explore.: Black on Black
- Middle of Somewhere: The Monthly Style Edit Link Up | Little Black Dress
- Petite Silver Vixen: Mixing Snakeskin & Lace
- Prime Butterfly: Dîner en Blanc
- Splash of Teal: Small Investments to Achieve Your Best Work-Life Balance
- Style Pith: How To | Styling Your Pointy Toes with Pants
- Turning Point: Style Guide | How to Style Mom Jeans in 3 Ways
- We Are Ready Made: Moderna Museet
- Wear Wag Repeat: DIY Pom Pom Gladiator Sandal & Matching Dog Collar