Do you dream of running a successful pet care business? In this episode, I talk to Susan Briggs of the Dog Gurus. She’s a pet industry business coach who helps entrepreneurs launch and grow their dog daycares, boarding facilities, training classes, and more. A lot of the advice in this interview will help you grow your business. But, more importantly, it will help keep the dogs in your care safe, happy and living their best lives. Susan also shares her expertise on dog body language and growing trends she’s seeing in the pet care industry.
Launch and Grow a Profitable Dog Daycare Business
Susan Briggs is a Certified Professional Animal Care Operator, author, speaker, and pet business expert. She has over 18 years of experience in the pet industry with 12 years as co-owner and operator of a successful dog daycare, lodging, grooming and training business in Houston, Texas. Through The Dog Gurus, Susan and her co-founder Robin Bennett are now helping pet care professionals get their lives back by showing them how to create sustainable businesses with teams that truly know dogs.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- What made Susan want to start her own business
- How Dog Gurus evaluates pet industry businesses
- Using body language to determine when a dog is stressed
- Understanding your numbers as a pet business owner
- Launching a business with the Pet Care Business Launch Formula
- Growing your business with the Pet Care Business Growth Intensive
- Wear Wag Repeat Resource Guide
- “Off-Leash Dog Play: A Complete Guide to Safety & Fun” by Robin Bennett and Susan Briggs
- Pet Care Business Launch Formula
- Pet Care Business Growth Intensive
Where to Find Susan:
CHECK OUT THE WEAR WAG REPEAT SHOP!
SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW
If you love what you hear and want to support my efforts to shine a light on more creative dog moms, please leave a review for my show on iTunes*. For every review, I give Lucy an extra special treat… how could you deny her?! *If you’re on a computer, open the link then click View in iTunes to write a review.
You can also see all the episodes on the Podcast page of my site.
*This post may contain affiliate links.