In this episode, I’m talking with Beth Herriman, the inventor of DooLoop. Discover how Beth’s experience of fostering two Bassett hounds led her to create the Dooloop, a handy leash accessory designed to give you a helping hand while walking dogs — and picking up after them!
Beth shares why she prioritizes sustainability and local job creation in the manufacturing process of her dog waste management tool made from recycled plastic. In our conversation, we also talk about the importance of picking up dog poop in a way that doesn’t offend your neighbors and the impact of pet waste on the environment.
Beth’s story highlights the impact that one woman can make on the dog world with a sustainably made invention that helps with an issue we all face – dog poop! Listen to learn more about the DooLoop leash accessory.
Meet Beth Herriman, Inventor of the DooLoop Leash Accessory
Beth Herriman is the founder and creator of DooLoop. She came to inventing and business later in life, after working hard as a stay at home mom to three now grown kids and many pets over the years. Coming from a background in fashion design, she never dreamed of working in in the dog poop industry but being a mom for so many years makes problem-solving second nature for her.
OVERVIEW OF THIS EPISODE:
- Course Creator Mastermind recap
- What exactly is a DooLoop?
- How Beth went from prototype to product
- Why DooLoop is not manufactured overseas
- Why you need to pick up after your pets
- What stands out about the dog poop niche
- How Beth markets a dog poop product
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Course Creator Mastermind
- Life Skills for Therapy Dog Teams
- Wag to Growl: Dog Body Language for Families *get on the waitlist
- Pawsitive Hiring Course: How to Build Your Dream Pet Care Team
- Social Video Unleashed
WHERE TO FIND BETH:
NEW QUIZ TO GROW YOUR PET BUSINESS ONLINE
Have you ever considered making an online course? Maybe you already have a million ideas or this is a brand new thing to consider. Personally, my business totally changed when I started offering online courses.
How do you know if a course would be a good addition to your business? Take my brand new quiz to find out!