Jen Costello, the creator of the popular award-winning dog blog My Brown Newfies, joins me today to share her blog and content strategies, why she believes it’s important to engage with your community, and why she’s happy sticking to her niche. She also shares fun (and embarrassing) stories about her dogs, including the backstory for her recent viral Tiktok video.
Building a Community for a Newfoundland Dog Blog
Jen Costello is the creator of the popular dog blog MyBrownNewfies.com. On her site, Jen enjoys writing informational posts about her Newfoundlands Sherman, Leroy and Odin and also enjoys sharing funny stories about their life together. She’s a mom to 2 children, married to her best friend for 20 years, a blogger for almost 10 years and dog mom for the past 20 years to Newfies. When she’s not blogging, brushing or taking pictures of her Newfs Jen likes to hike, garden and explore.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Updating your older blog content for better search engine optimization
- Planning out publishing frequency, topics, and content length
- Managing your time and rewarding yourself for completing tasks
- The importance of listening to and fostering an engaged community
- The story of how Odin was rescued and his viral Tiktok video
- Using Tiktok for fun instead of a marketing tool
- Sticking to your niche
- Tailwind – Pinterest and Instagram Scheduler
- Podcast Episode 88: Pet Blogging for Love and Money
- Odin’s viral Tiktok video
- “My Most Embarrassing Dog Mom Moment“, when Leroy pulled Jen’s pants down
Where to Find Jennifer:
CHECK OUT THE SHOP!
SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW
If you love what you hear and want to support my efforts to shine a light on more creative dog moms, please leave a review for my show on iTunes*. For every review, I give Lucy an extra special treat… how could you deny her?! *If you’re on a computer, open the link then click View in iTunes to write a review.
You can also see all the episodes on the Podcast page of my site.
*This post may contain affiliate links.